This qualification recognises people who have the knowledge and skills required for working in a housekeeping environment. It is awarded to people who have demonstrated the skills and knowledge necessary to work in a commercial accommodation environment, including cleaning methods and processes, safe handling practices with regard to the use of equipment and materials and customer care techniques.
This qualification is designed to be flexible and accessible to enable the holder to show specific competence in housekeeping. The holder will also have demonstrated a range of interpersonal, personal presentation, customer care, numeracy, literacy, and teamwork skills required by workers in a commercial accommodation environment. This programme also prepares the student to enter the NC3 in Housekeeping Techniques.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
- Understand a safe and secure environment for customers in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of cleaning and deep cleaning of floors
- Demonstrate ability to handle and dispose of waste
- Demonstrate ability to handle and store cleaning equipment and materials
- Demonstrate knowledge preparing beds and handling linen and bed coverings in the workplace
- Demonstrate ability to service guest and bedroom areas in the workplace
- Demonstrate ability to service toilet and bathroom areas
- Clean and maintain public areas
- Control linen for external laundry
- Provide a collection and delivery of service
- Store and handle customer and establishment property
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial guest and accommodation service names and terms
- Participate in groups and/or teams to gather ideas and information
- Read and write texts for practical purposes
- Perform basic calculations for the workplace
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour at the workplace
- Work in a diverse workplace
- Maintain personal hygiene, image and grooming in the workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourist destinations in Mauritius
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in professional food production.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 6 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Academy for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for more details on our fees