Announcement: Call us on 402 2600. Intake October 2021 OPEN for NC3/4 and Diploma courses at the #constanceacademy
Upon completion, the participants will acquire skills and knowledge necessary to recognise and appreciate good wine for various occasions and also to work in a professional wine service environment including correct use of service techniques, customer interaction skills and product knowledge.
- Study Mode Part-Time
- Seats 20 per batch
- Language English, French, Creol
Intake / Location
- March Constance Hospitality Training Centre
- Wine definition, nature of grape varieties, vine vegetative cycle, factors influencing the quality, disease of the vines
- White & red wine vinification & tasting different monocepage wine
- 3 different vinification of Rosé wine
- Rosé wine tasting
- 4 different vinification of Sparkling Wine
- Sparkling wine tasting
- Vinification of special wine (VDN, VDL)
- Vinification of special wine(Yellow wine) & tasting
- Label: Credit Compulsory on a label, how to read wine label
- Role of the sommelier, wine list, Carafage & Decanting
- Bordeaux wine region and Bordeaux tasting
- Loire Valley tasting & Alsace tasting
- Languedoc & Roussillon tasting
- Champagne tasting
- Rhone Valley tasting& Beaujolais tasting& Jura/Savoie tasting
- Burgundy - Tasting
- Provence - Tasting
- Italy & Spain - Tasting
- South Africa- Tasting & Australia & New Zealand - Tasting
- Chili/Argentina - Tasting
- Wine pairingexplanation & lunch wine pairing
- Course Wrap-up and Next step
- Internal Assessment
How the course is rolled out?
- Half day per week - either at the Constance Hospitality Training Centre or in one of our Hotel restaurant
- Each session consist of Theory and Practical with wine tasting
- The course ends with a Lunch including wine pairing session in one of our prestigious Hotel restaurant.
- An informal online assessment will be set at the end of the courses
- Upon successful completion of the online assessment, participants can immediately download their certificate of attendance.
How to register?
- Either apply online OR
- visit Constance Hospitality Training Centre in-person for registration formalities
- For Corporate customers can call or email us for formalities