Announcement: Call us on 402 2600. Intake October 2021 OPEN for NC3/4 and Diploma courses at the #constanceacademy
This qualification recognises the competence, knowledge and skills required to work in the Food production discipline of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- August Constance Hospitality Training Centre
- Maintain personal hygiene, image and grooming in the workplace
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour at the workplace
- Perform basic calculations for the workplace
- Read and write texts for practical purposes
- Participate in groups and/or teams to gather ideas and information
- Working in a safe and secure environment for customers in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of contamination, hazards and control methods
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic cooking methods
- Prepare and finish marinades, dressings and cold sauces in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present fruit and vegetables in the hospitality industry
- Prepare and present fish and meat in the hospitality industry
- Prepare and present basic sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present salads for service in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and cook basic pastry dishes in a commercial kitchen
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in professional food production.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 6 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at CHTC for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).