Announcement: We have moved to - Belle Mare, Poste de Flacq. Call us on 402 2600 for information.
This qualification recognises the competence, skills and knowledge required to work in the Pastry discipline of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
- Maintain personal hygiene, image and grooming in the workplace
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour at the workplace
- Perform basic calculation for workplace
- Read and write texts for practical purposes
- Participate in groups and/or teams to gather ideas and information
- Working in a safe and secure environment in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of contamination hazards and control methods
- Practice and apply food hygiene and safety methods in a food business
- Prepare and weigh ingredients for pastry doughs using manual production equipment
- Prepare and apply fillings to pastry products using manual production methods
- Prepare and apply toppings to pastry products using manual production methods
- Prepare and bake biscuits in the pastry industry
- Prepare simple petits fours
- Prepare simple hot and cold desserts
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in professional food production.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
Normal duration of this programme is 6 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Academy for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for more details on our fees