Announcement: New intake now scheduled for September 2020. Call us on 402 2600 for more details. Good luck!
This qualification recognises the competence, knowledge, and skills required for working in a front office role in a commercial accommodation environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to work in a front office role, including providing a reception service, operating a booking system, handling foreign exchange and complying with health and safety and security procedures. The holder will also demonstrate a range of interpersonal, personal presentation, and customer service skills required to work in a front office in a commercial accommodation environment.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- April Constance Academy
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial accommodation types and costs
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial guest and accommodation service names and terms
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Provide customer service in given situations
- Work in a diverse workplace
- Provide information about an establishment in the hospitality industry
- Operate a word processor
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication media types and uses in the hospitality industry
- Book accommodation for customers in a commercial hospitality environment
- Provide a reservation service using an electronic system in a commercial hospitality environment
- Provide reception services in a commercial hospitality environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial payment systems in the hospitality industry
- Maintain personal presentation in the workplace
- Demonstrate complaint handling principles and procedures in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate telephone calling and answering techniques in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures to protect people and property in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of hospitality accommodation servicing and cleaning procedures
- Maintain rooms for functions in a commercial hospitality environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial accommodation service cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial laundry services and laundry operations
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers in the hospitality industry
- Protect health and safety in the workplace
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in the Hospitality industry.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme 2uration
Normal duration of this programme is 12 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Academy for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
See Admission section of this website.