Announcement: Call us on 402 2600. Intake October 2021 OPEN for NC3/4 and Diploma courses at the #constanceacademy
This qualification recognises the competence, skills and knowledge required to work in the Pastry discipline of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- August Constance Hospitality Training Centre
- Demonstrate knowledge of common types and uses of commercial catering equipment
- Practice food safety methods in a food business
- Apply safe working practices in the food and related product processing workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of common types and uses of baking equipment in the pastry industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic pastry ingredients
- Demonstrate knowledge of product and basic terminology in the pastry industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of boiling and baking in the commercial catering industry
- Prepare and weigh ingredients for doughs using manual production methods
- Prepare and tray up frozen dough products
- Retard yeast products for batch baking for pastry products
- Cook food by baking
- Freeze products for batch baking for pastry products
- Prepare and apply icings and glazes to pastry products using manual production methods
- Prepare and bake biscuits in the pastry industry
- Batch bake petits fours products
- Prepare and display simple petits fours
- Prepare hot and cold desserts
- Present simple desserts
- Prepare and apply fillings to pastry products using manual production methods
- Prepare and apply toppings to pastry products using manual production methods
- Prepare and decorate pastry products using manual production methods
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in professional Pastry.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 12 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Hospitality Training Centre for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Hospitality Training Centre.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission section for more details on fees