This qualification recognises the competence, skills and knowledge required to work in a food and beverage outlet of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- March Constance Academy
- Uphold Personal Hygiene Image and Grooming in the Workplace
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) in the Tourism Industry
- Understand and Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment in the Workplace
- Maintain a Clean Working Environment
- Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures
- Recognise and Apply Non Verbal Communications
- Communicate in English and French Languages
- Participate in Formal Meetings
- Give and Receive Feedback
- Understand and Apply Principles of Team Work
- Greet and Seat Customers, and Take Initial Orders
- Assist Customers to Select Goods and/or Services Face to Face
- Serve Customers Face to Face in a Wide Range of Contexts
- Provide Advanced Restaurant Food Service
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Coffee Heritage Production and Service
- Prepare and Present Tea and Herbal Infusion for Service
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Food Service Styles and Menu Types in a Commercial Environment
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages and Beverage Service Equipment
- Provide a Beverage Service to Tables
- Maintain Bulk Beer Storage Facilities and Kegs in a Licensed Commercial Environment
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Beer and Beer Service
- Evaluate Wine
- Prepare, Take Orders, and Serve Bottled Wines
- Develop and Maintain Professional Conduct and Organisational Ethics
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Basic IT
- Perform Basic Calculations and Restaurant/Bar Billing
- Establish and Develop Customer Relationship
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in F&B Services.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 12 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Hospitality Training Centre for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Hospitality Training Centre.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for fees details