‘Basic Chinese for Hospitality Professionals’ course is designed as an easy-to-learn tailor-made programme for hoteliers who need to better understand and effectively serve Chinese customers. Topics include Chinese tourism boom, Chinese customer expectations and how to adapt to differences between guests from the East and West as well as the elementary spoken Chinese Mandarin courses.
- Study Mode Part-Time
- Seats 20
- Language English
Intake / Location
- January Constance Academy
- March Constance Academy
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Understand preferences and attitudes of Chinese travelers
- Demonstrate a cultural understanding of Chinese tourists’s behavior
- Understand the sound system of Mandarin Chinese (pinyin and tones)
- Demonstrate fundamental vocabulary and pronunciation related to titles, greetings, numbers and time.
- Traditional Chinese culture overview
- Introduction of contemporary China
- Pronunciation & Tones in Mandarin
- How Chinese travelers behave
- Welcome guests in Chinese with proper titles
- 5 Chinese traveler personas
- Greeting and farewell in a real Chinese way
- An insight into Millennials
- What Chinese travelers want
- The art of Chinese people’s “Man zi ”
- 10 do’s and don’ts when you a meet Chinese guest
- Numbers and time in Chinse (Numbers that Chinese guests don’t like)
- Where hotels need to improve
Front liners and anyone who interacts with guests
Course schedules are flexible as per your requirement. However, training are normally planned one half day per week, i.e. 09:00 to 12:00.
Price & Details
This course is available as:
- + Open programme for companies enroling their team members or individuals who would like to benefit from our masterclasses.
- + Course fee per participant is MUR 16,000. Group fee applies for 3 or more participants enroling for this programme on the same date.
- + Onsite training for companies with minimum 10 participants at a location and time of your preference. Contact us for pricing and details.