The National Certificate Level 1 in Adult Literacy improves the literacy skills of adult learners. For the purpose of this qualification, literacy includes numeracy. The unit standards of the National Certificate Level 1 in Adult Literacy is intended to be the recognised minimum standard of professional competence for adult literacy. People awarded the National Certificate Level 1 in Adult Literacy are able to: read and write simple sentences to form paragraphs, apply numbers in daily life situations, to perform simple operations using ICT and communicate effectively.
- Study Mode Part-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- March Constance Academy
- Read and write words and figures.
- Read and write sentences.
- Use data in real life context.
- Solve mathematical problems in real life situations.
- Develop information and communication technology skills.
- Search, develop and print information using information and communication technology.
- Develop life skills.
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to improve his/her literacy skills.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 6 months. However, depending on the progress of the learners, the course can be extended up to 8 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Classes are scheduled once a week and are normally on Fridays.