This qualification recognises the competence, skills and knowledge required to work in a food and beverage outlet of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
- Uphold Personal Hygiene Image and Grooming in the Workplace
- Recognise and apply non-verbal communications
- Food service styles and menu types in a commercial environment
- Take, amend, and cancel reservations for food and beverage service
- Greet and seat customers, and take initial orders
- Provide a beverage service to tables
- Provide a food service to tables
- Demonstrate knowledge of coffee equipment and recipes
- Demonstrate knowledge of alcoholic/ non- alcoholic beverage service
- Demonstrate knowledge of beer and beer service
- Evaluate wine
- Prepare, take orders, and serve bottled wines
- Receive and action payments in a commercial hospitality environment
- Give and receive feedback
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career F&B Service.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 6 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Academy for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for more details on our fees