This qualification recognises the competence, knowledge and skills required to work in the Food production discipline of a commercial environment. It is awarded to people who are able to demonstrate the necessary abilities to perform tasks properly according to international standards and health and safety regulations. The holder will also be able to show a range of interpersonal qualities, team work and customer service skills that will increase his employability in the hospitality industry.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- March Constance Academy
- Demonstrate knowledge of common types and uses of commercial catering equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology used for food and recipes in commercial cookery
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic nutrition in commercial catering
- Clean and store cutlery and crockery in a commercial kitchen
- Clean food production areas, equipment and utensils in a commercial kitchen
- Demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of commercial cookery methods and their applications equipment and utilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of knife care, storage, and carrying for the hospitality industry
- Handle and maintain knives in a commercial kitchen
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial cooking and catering
- Demonstrate knowledge of boiling and baking in the commercial catering industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial food sources and food costs
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial catering applications of fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and present fruit and vegetables in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of the commercial catering applications of eggs and dairy products
- Demonstrate knowledge in the preparation cheese dishes in the hospitality industry
- Assemble and present basic cold canapés in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present basic sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and assemble complex sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present meat in the hospitality industry
- Cook basic meat dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present salads for service in a commercial kitchen / Cook basic egg dishes in a commercial kitchen
- Prepare and present hot finger food in the hospitality industry
- Prepare and finish marinades, dressings, cold sauces and dips in a commercial kitchen
- Cook food using various methods in a commercial kitchen
1. Entry requirement
National Certificate of Education or Equivalent.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 12 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Hospitality Training Centre for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit the Admission section of our website.