Announcement: Call us on 402 2600. Intake October 2021 OPEN for NC3/4 and Diploma courses at the #constanceacademy
The Housekeeping course is intended to impact knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable the participants to carry out and manage housekeeping operations in a hotel as well as provide a wide range of supporting services.
The new customer profile has a very high demand of personalized service. The quality of service in the hotel industry can go down because of an inadequate number of trained staff. A hotel guest spends most of his time in the room and it is evident that housekeeping staff have a predominant role to play in the industry.
In order to support the continuous growth of the Hotel Industry and ensure that high standards of service are maintained, training is vital due to health hazards, hotel guests are very health conscious and meticulous as far as hygiene is concerned. Therefore, housekeeping department has to ensure that guests are satisfied by providing a quality service to meet and exceed their expectations. Hence, training in housekeeping is vital to keep pace with the ever-changing tourism environment.
- Study Mode Full-Time
- Seats 25
- Language Creol, English, French
Intake / Location
- August Constance Hospitality Training Centre
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial accommodation service cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial accommodation types and costs
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial guest and accommodation service names and terms
- Service customer laundry areas in a hospitality establishment
- Service guest room toilet and bathroom areas in a hospitality establishment
- Service guest rooms in a hospitality establishment
- Service public areas in a hospitality environment
- Strip beds and make beds in a hospitality establishment
- Demonstrate knowledge of housekeeping services in a hospitality establishment
- Maintain service supplies in a hospitality establishment
- Service customer mini-bars in a hospitality establishment
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for people in the hospitality industry
- Develop and maintain professional conduct and organisational ethics
- Uphold personal hygiene image and grooming in the workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organisation structure in the hospitality industry
- Understand and apply principles of teamwork
- Read texts for practical purposes
- Communicate in English and French languages
- Work in a diverse workplace
- Maintain basic face to face interaction with customers
- Provide customers with information about an establishment in the hospitality industry
- Prepare for and provide customer care in the hospitality industry
1. Entry requirement
This programme is open to anyone who would like to make a career in professional Housekeeping.
Participants should be of 17 years or higher.
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 12 months.
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required at Constance Hospitality Training Centre for the academic element of the programme (1 day per week)
Work Placement in one of our or our partner hotels in Mauritius (at least 5 working days per week as per respective hotel roster).
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Hospitality Training Centre.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for details about fees.