Announcement: New intake now scheduled for September 2020. Call us on 402 2600 for more details. Good luck!
The Hotel industry is one of the fastest growing sectors resulting in a critical need for professionally trained and educated staff. This programme maintains its focus on practical aspects whilst incorporating key management elements including Human Resource, Marketing, Finance and Operations in its curriculum. A profound understanding of all aspects of hotel management creates polyvalent and multi-talented professional employees.
Enroll in this programme to:
- + Improve your managerial skills
- + Climb the ladder of promotion
- + Benefit from flexible mode of learning
- + Gain from flexible tuition fees payment facilities
- Study Mode Part-Time
- Seats 25
- Language English, French, Creol
Intake / Location
- March Constance Academy
- August Constance Academy
- Develop knowledge and understanding of key areas in the hotel industry;
- Provide hands-on approaches to key hotel operations;
- Develop understanding of the specific requirements and priorities involved in the management of a hotel;
- Explore the distinguishing features of service design/delivery and their importance in managing the customer experience;
- Recognise the interrelationships between services marketing, operations management, quality management and human resources to allow for the successful implementation of service delivery in hotel;
- Familiarise students with managerial concepts in order to effectively and efficiently manage the organisation’s assets;
- Develop projects requiring decision-making techniques to find solutions to business problems
- Principles & Practices of Management (10)
- Business Communications (10)
- Financial and Managerial accounting for Hotels (20)
- Principles of Marketing for Hotels (20)
- Sustainable Tourism Development (10)
- Resort Management (10)
- Quality Management Standards for Hotels (10)
- Event Management (20)
- The Mauritian Tourism Product (10)
- Revenue Management (10)
- Work Based Project (30)
- Facilities Management (10)
- Front Office Operations and Management (20)
- Food and Beverages Operations in Hospitality Environment (10)
- Customer Service Techniques (10)
- Housekeeping Operations and Management (20)
- Linen and Laundry Management (10)
1. Entry requirement
+ SC with at least 3 credits (including English, French and Mathematics) and at least 5 years of work experience at supervisory level in the Hotel industry
+ NTC 2 / NC 4 in any Hotel trade and at least 2 years of work experience at supervisory level in the Hotel industry
+ 2 ‘A’ Levels in any subject
+ Mature candidates ( case to case basis)
2. Programme duration
Normal duration of this programme is 30 months (2.5 years).
3. Exams and certifications
4. How is the programme rolled out?
Attendance is required for the academic element of the programme (2 half days per week)
+ Semester Module 1: 08:15 to 10:15
+ Semester Module 2: 10:30 to 12:30
+ Semester Module 3: 08:15 to 10:15
+ Semester Module 4: 10:30 to 12:30
5. Is this workshop MQA approved?
6. Where the course will be delivered?
All classes will be conducted at Constance Academy.
Locate us in Google Map
7. Course fees
Visit our Admission page for more details on our fees